Announce: openssh-2.0.0beta1

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed May 3 10:20:28 EST 2000

Yo Damien!

Hooray!  All it took to build on UnixWare 7.1.0 was:
	./configure && make && make install

I also edited the ssh*_config files as required.

All the old stuff works fine so far and no more EGD!

opensshd:

I was unable to connect to the new sshd with SecureCRT Ver 3.0.  If:

I connect from that with 3DES or RC4 I get:
	"disconnect, reason code: 2" ??

If I connect from that with twofish, it says:
	"no compatible ciphers".

Blowfish is not a SecureCRT option with SSH2.

Similar results connecting from ssh 2.0.13 on Linux to opensshd

ossh:

openssh was able to connect out to ssh ver 2.0.13.

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> The beta release is available from
> http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/files/beta

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Ave, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676