OpenSSH 2.1.0 won't build without rc5 and idea

Paul Allen paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Wed May 17 06:54:53 EST 2000

OK, I've hacked configure so that it simply checks that it can link
with openssl.  Now, when I run make, it dies on authfile.c while
trying to include the non-existent headers openssl/rc5.h and
openssl/idea.h.  I built my installation of openssl without those
algorithms in order to avoid commercial licensing issues.

The following diff band-aids the problem, but I think it's down-stream
of the proper fix.  This configure stuff is cool when it works, but
way too complex for my limited brainpower when it doesn't.  :-)

thumper% rcsdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 config.h
RCS file: RCS/config.h,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -r1.1 -r1.2
36a37,40
> /* Define if you have excluded some crypto algorithms from your openssl
>    installation */
> #define OPENSSL_ALGORITHM_DEFINES

thumper%

I still need to test the version I just compiled.  Since I haven't
seen any reports of this particular problem, I guess I'm in
uncharted territory.  I'll have more to report later today or next
week.

Paul Allen
--
Paul L. Allen           | voice: (425) 865-3297  fax: (425) 865-2964
Unix Technical Support  | paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Boeing Phantom Works Math & Computing Technology Site Operations,
POB 3707 M/S 7L-68, Seattle, WA 98124-2207