further problems Re: scp not found with solaris 8/2.1.0p2

Richard June rjune at ims1.imagestream-is.com
Wed May 24 11:01:31 EST 2000

This is an ongoing problem  if you don't compile w/ --prefix=/usr or
--prefix=/ is there anyway to fix this for good?

_PATH_STDPATH is what isn't being defined correctly, if you make these
modifacations to Makefile and to sshd.c after you've run configure,
things should work.

add -DBIN_PREFIX=\"$(bindir)\" to the PATHS line in Makefile like this...

PATHS=-DBIN_PREFIX=\"$(bindir)\" -DETCDIR=\"$(sysconfdir)\"
-DSSH_PROGRAM=\"$(SSH_PROGRAM)\"
-DSSH_ASKPASS_DEFAULT=\"$(ASKPASS_PROGRAM)\"

then add these lines to sshd.c after all the #includes, I put them around
line 40
#ifdef _PATH_STDPATH
#undef _PATH_STDPATH
#endif /* _PATH_STDPATH */
#define _PATH_STDPATH BIN_PREFIX ":/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin"

and *DON'T* configure OpenSSH to use Login.
This should work with OpenSSH version 1.2.3, I dunno for sure, mostly this
is theory based on what I've seen. I have no idea if it's even applicable
to OpenSSH 2.x, Good luck.