[2.1.0p2] Couldn't initialise builtin random ...

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Thu May 25 22:02:47 EST 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Wed, 24 May 2000, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> > I get this an awful lot under solaris 8 ... anyone have any thoughts on
> > how to correct it?
>
> Server or client? What appears in the log?

I don't know and nothing ...

I just checked through to make sure I was loggign properly (which I
wasn't), fixed that and tried it again.  Error comes back as:

eris:/var/src/openssh-2.1.0p2> resync
hawk: updating host hawk
owl: updating host owl
dalmation: updating host dalmation
hercules: updating host hercules
owl: LOCAL ERROR: Unexpected input from server: "Couldn't initialise builtin ran".m number generator -- exiting.
owl: updating of owl finished
dalmation: LOCAL ERROR: Unexpected input from server: "Couldn't initialise built". random number generator -- exiting.
dalmation: updating of dalmation finished
hercules: LOCAL ERROR: Unexpected input from server: "Couldn't initialise builti".random number generator -- exiting.
hercules: updating of hercules finished
hawk: LOCAL ERROR: Unexpected input from server: "Couldn't initialise builtin ra".om number generator -- exiting.
hawk: updating of hawk finished

resync is an alias for:

	rdist -P /usr/slocal/bin/ssh -Rf /root/sync-systems

If I do an 'ssh' to any one of those machines alone, from the command
line, it goes through ... it isn't until I do it as part of rdist that it
fails.

	If I add -F to the options, to force it to go through the servers
sequentially, it all appears to go through fine ... but if I leave it in
its default state, where it does multiple hosts at once, it fails as above

	Too many 'start ups' at once?