grace logins on solaris

Chip Christian chip at princetonecom.com
Sat May 27 02:59:56 EST 2000

When I run sshd -d and connect using an expired login, this is what I get:

debug: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
Connection from 192.168.12.2 port 901
debug: Client protocol version 1.5; client software version OpenSSH-2.1
debug: Local version string SSH-1.99-OpenSSH-2.1
debug: Sent 768 bit public key and 1024 bit host key.
debug: Encryption type: 3des
debug: Received session key; encryption turned on.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Starting up PAM with username "chip"
debug: Attempting authentication for chip.
Failed rsa for chip from 192.168.12.2 port 901
debug: Adding PAM message: Your password has expired and you have 4 grace login(s).
debug: PAM Password authentication accepted for user "chip"
Accepted password for chip from 192.168.12.2 port 901
debug: PAM setting rhost to "fleck.princetonecom.com"
May 26 12:39:38 piglet.princetonecom.com sshd[8029]: PAM_NDS : Password expired.
PAM rejected by account configuration: Get new authentication token
Faking authloop for illegal user chip from 192.168.12.2 port 901

pam_acct_mgmt is returning PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD.  Is there BSD licensed
code out there already to deal with asking users to change an expired
password?