Kerberos/AFS options in ssh/sshd while disabling them in configure

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon May 29 06:55:15 EST 2000

Hello all,

If you don't compile in Kerberos, AFS etc. support, the ssh/sshd man page
still mentions them as valid options, and ssh/sshd complains loudly and
refuses to run if you set options about them in ssh_config or sshd_config.

I'm not sure if this is the intended (or good?) behaviour.

Should it be better to modify the man pages when ./configuring too?  Like,
adding a small sentence about stuff disabled at compile time.  An example:

     KerberosTgtPassing
             Specifies whether a Kerberos TGT will be forwarded to the server.
             This will only work if the Kerberos server is actually an AFS
             kaserver.  The argument to this keyword must be ``yes'' or
             ``no''. This option has been disabled at compile time.

What do you think? :)

--
Pekka Savola                    "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi          not those you stumble over and fall"