Protocol error's with 2.1.0p2

A.L. al at 9b.com
Mon May 29 15:51:15 EST 2000

> >  I'm getting "Protocol errors" when trying to scp files
> > from my laptop to my desktop (only when trying to scp
> > root at laptop:/path/file, not vis-vis).  See screen dump's at end
> > of e-mail for exact details.  The most confusing thing about this
> > problem (to me anyway), is that this is a one-way problem.  I can
> > log into the laptop and scp files down from the desktop no problems.
>
> Do you have something in you .bashrc (or similar) which causes output
> at login time? This is likely the problem.
>
> Move whatever it is to .bash_login or similar so it only gets executed
> when you are starting an interactive session.
>
> -d

	As a mater of fact...  DOH!  And now that you mention it, it makes
sense to me.  Removed the MOTD printout, and all works great again.  Many
many thanks Damien, you saved me from pulling out what's left of my hair.
:)

--
A.L.Lambert

If what they've been doing hasn't solved the problem, tell them to do
something else.
        -- Gerald Weinberg, "The Secrets of Consulting"