Another shapshot

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Nov 6 05:32:34 EST 2000

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 01:56:24PM +0100, Markus Friedl wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 08:05:24PM +0100, Markus Friedl wrote:
> > > [using "password: s/key"] this has been disabled.
> >
> > Just to come back to this: why?  I think this might come in handy if
> > you have to use a "user-supplied" ssh client that doesn't know
> > "-o skeyauthentication=yes" (like commercial SSH or so).
>
> commercial ssh1 can use
> 	-o TISAuthentication=yes
> secureCRT and ttssh clients have to turn on OneTimePasswd or TIS.

Ummm, well, yes.  Maybe.  Every client does it differently.

What's so bad at using "password: s/key" that it has been dropped?  I
think it's pretty useful - just use the client as is, and tell it
on a per-session basis, at login time, what to do...  yes, sure, it's
a hack, but a useful one.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de