Another shapshot

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Nov 8 10:00:22 EST 2000

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 01:38:47AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Idea.  What it does is:
>
>  ptr = (up[2] + up[3]) % 99 ...
>
> - do, by chance, the first 4 bytes of "up" contain a long int and the code
> is adding the two "low bytes" together?  I'm on a big endian machine
> (PowerPC) and if that is so, this might need byte-swapping...

No.  Tried using up[0]+up[1] instead, but that also gives me a constant
number - the first always gives me "58", the second "85", but neither
gives the current challenge.

So - is anybody working on S/Key in OpenSSH?  Is somebody using it on a
non-BSD platform?  If yes, what did you do, which s/key library, which
CPU endianness, ...?

Is anybody interested in getting this to work?  I think a portable way to
do OTPs is very important.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de