bug in documentation for "Protocol" option

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Nov 8 17:46:28 EST 2000

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, joel w. reed wrote:
> this was my point. clearly the text at the top says "these
> are the default settings if you don't specify anything" - but
> at least for Protocol it is wrong & should be fixed.

Not really (IMO :), it says:
---
# This is ssh client systemwide configuration file.  This file provides
# defaults for users, and the values can be changed in per-user configuration
# files or on the command line.
---

Ie. "With this file, you can specify defaults for ssh(1) which the users
can override with .ssh/config or with command-line options".

I guess the wording could be a bit better though -- it could be understood
the other ways too.

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"