To Do list...

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Nov 17 16:02:51 EST 2000

This is just portable todo list.  From the sounds of it Markus has his own
to do list.  But can everyone review and let me know if there is anything
missing from this list.  (Note.. I'm not looking for 'SSH should support
XYZ feature.' unless it's directly related to portability.)  Or if there
is anything on this list that has been completed.  (Namely Tru64 SIA
support?)

Thanks.

-Ben

Programming:
- Replacement for setproctitle() - HP/UX support only currently
- Improve PAM support (a pam_lastlog module will cause sshd to exit)
- Complete Tru64 SIA support

Documentation:
- More and better
- Install FAQ?
- General FAQ on S/Key, TIS, RSA, RSA2, DSA, etc and suggestions on when it
  would be best to use them.
- Create a Documentation/ directory?

Clean up configure/makefiles:
- Clean up configure.in - There are a few double #defined variables
  left to do.  HAVE_LOGIN is one of them.  Consider NOT looking for information
  in wtmpx or utmpx or any of that stuff if it's not detected from the start
- Replace the whole u_intXX_t evilness in acconfig.h with something better???
- Move all "openbsd-compat" files to it's own directory.  Consider doing the
  same with libssh. I don't think we need to split ssh, sshd, etc into their
  own directory.