Why does ssh try to run df, netstat, arp ...?

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Sat Nov 18 00:22:56 EST 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 02:15:19PM +0100, Nico De Ranter wrote:
> one server goes down is totaly unacceptable (I might as well start using
> Windows). How can I turn this behaviour off or can anybody give me a
> really really good reason why ssh would need df?

In order to collect entropy for seeding the PRNG (like the other commands).
Have a look into $SSHETC/ssh_prng_commands and comment out the line(s)
utilizing "df". Or recompile and change to another entropy source like EGD.

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/