openssh kills the stty values?

John Horne J.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Nov 21 22:26:04 EST 2000

On 21-Nov-00 at 05:42:13 Garrick James wrote:
> I do not have any hpux machines, but I cannot help wondering if this is
> like the same problem we have (or had?) on Solaris (don't know if it was
> ever fixed, but a work-around exists).

Yes, this was fixed for Solaris (in openssh 2.2.0?).

> On Solaris, you end up with the same thing sometimes.  Namely, your intr
> key combination doesn't work.  It turns out that this is only the case if
> intr does not work in the environment from which sshd is launched (like
> from a cron/at job or an ssh session in which the problem exists, for
> example).

The problem for Solaris was that the control-c didn't work once you had
logged in (as you say). The code was missing setting INTR to its default
value. I.e. a previous disabling of INTR (or INT?) was still effective. (As
far as I remember that is a vague description of the problem :-) The
archives will have the details.)

However, I have no idea about HPUX (don't use it here), although the problem
does sound similar. Sorry.

John.

E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk