Password/phrase from commandline with -oPassword

Giles Constant gilesc at hyperlink.com
Fri Nov 24 22:22:37 EST 2000

Hi there,

I've been trying to get rsync working from Unix to NT via ssh in a script file,
and after discovering that the NT version of sshd refuses to log you on without
entering the NT domain password, I figured the only way around this was to add
a "-oPassword" option to the ssh client.

I've now done this and it works nicely.  Obviously, it's not secure if someone
on the box is able to do a ps listing, but in this case, if someone
unscrupulous is on the box for which this has been written, we have a problem
anyway :-)

I understand that mysql with the -p option actually somehow removes the text
from the cmdline string.  I'm not sure if this is done simply by overwriting
argv[0], but I'll look into it.

Anyway, if you want a diff, gimme a shout.

Cheers,

Giles