HP-UX 11.00 truncating remote commands

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Thu Nov 30 02:48:36 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:38:04AM -0600, Jason Holland wrote:
> root at hp1# remsh hp2 cat /var/adm/syslog/xferlog | wc
> 220378 4187182 28622518
> root at hp1# ssh hp2 cat /var/adm/syslog/xferlog | wc
> 220378 4187182 28622518
> root at hp1#
>
> that worked!  and whats stranger is going to the linux box
>
> root at hp1# ssh linux1 cat /var/log/cron | wc
> 1788 13212 164864
> root at hp1# remsh linux1 cat /var/log/cron | wc
> 2342 17275 215496
> root at hp1#
>
> that didn't work!  :)  i don't understand this.  could this be a problem
> with my clients on the hp side?  from the linux box, to an hp box, it works

Yes, one could come to the impression that it has something to do with
the client side.

> ???  i used gcc 2.95.2 and openssl 0.95a to compile openssh on my hp boxes.
> i have no clue, this is just too weird.

That's weird indeed. I have not seen a single failure (HP ANSI-C, OpenSSL
0.9.6). I run OpenSSH in default (ssh1) mode, do you also run protocol 1?
This _could_ make a significatn difference.

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/