RHL OpenSSH upgrade: _new_ sshd is not started

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Oct 1 06:59:27 EST 2000

Hello all,

A few days ago I noticed that the following seems to happen when upgradign
OpenSSH on Linux-based (/etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd) based systems:

- sshd is restarted with 'sshd restart'; however sshd serving in port 22
is not replaced.

- you have to kill the old one (netstat -ltp | grep :ssh ; kill
...) first, then restart sshd.

- This might happen only when performing the upgrade while connected on
the system w/ ssh; not sure.

However, I'm not sure which would be the best way to get around this.

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"