RHL OpenSSH upgrade: _new_ sshd is not started

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sun Oct 1 18:03:15 EST 2000

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Pekka Savola wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > A few days ago I noticed that the following seems to happen when upgradign
> > OpenSSH on Linux-based (/etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd) based systems:
>
> Are you sure - it works for me:
[proof snipped]

You're right -- I can't reproduce it now, at least in a Joe System like
that.

However, I'm sure there was something fishy there -- When I had to add the
patch for old Macintosh systems, no amount of /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd
restart after the RPM upgrade would get the clients to be able to log
in.  After I did some process killing and sshd start, it worked just fine
(and nobody was disconnected in the process).

I'll try if I can reproduce this in similar circumstances (busy day,
30-40 clients connected).

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"