Open connections when using agent-forwarding

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Mon Oct 2 22:47:02 EST 2000

Hi!

I have problems with connections being left open with both 2.2.0p1 and the
latest snapshot when using agent-forwarding. (I didn't use this with older
versions, so I don't know whether this problem is older.)

Scenario:
I have a secret key that I run with ssh-agent on host "host-A". I then connect
to "host-B" using 'slogin -A host-B'. When executing a command on "host-C"
(for which the secret key is needed), the command is executed fine, but
after finishing I cannot exit the slogin command:
host-A> slogin -A host-B
host-B> ssh host-C "ls -al"
... [output from ls -al command]
host-B> exit
logout
Waiting for forwarded connections to terminate...
The following connections are open:
  #2 accepted auth socket (t4 r0 i8/0 o16/0 fd 9/9)
  #3 accepted auth socket (t4 r1 i8/0 o16/0 fd 10/10)
I have to kill the "slogin -A host-B" process on "host-A" to terminate the
session.

When connecting from host-B to host-D, for which RSA host authentication
is allowed (and hence my personal key not needed), only one connection
stays open.

I am not quite sure at which places to look for the problem, so I rather
send this bug report instead of providing a patch :-)

Best regards,
	Lutz
PS. Platform is HP-UX 10.20/OpenSSL 0.9.6 but it should not matter.
I have two keys (one RSA, one DSA) in ssh-agent; experiments carried out
with SSH-1 protocol only.
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/