scp -L option

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Oct 12 02:15:25 EST 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Hendrik Visage wrote:
> Comes the "trick" question: Why the "need" for a setuid ssh??

If you're using [DR]SA Rhosts authentication, ssh binary has to be able to
read the system's private key which is root-only.

Also, in order for Rhosts Authentication to succeed (in r* protocol
compability mode) the connection probably has to come from the specified
low-end ports.. I think there is one more reason in the vein of
RhostsAuthentication.

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"