last login time, was: snapshot-20001014: HP-UX 10.20 success and some remarks

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Sun Oct 15 05:33:57 EST 2000

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Peter Stuge wrote:
: When checking out the code this behaviour is what you'd expect, it's not
: what we want, however.  The problem (in 2.2.0p1) was in session.c:662;
: record_login(), which calls login_login() which calls login_write() which
: stores the current login in lastlog/utmp/whatever, is called before
: get_last_login_time(), which does it's job and tells us the last recorded
: login time.
:
: I just downloaded SNAP-20001014 and this has been fixed there.  Twice. (?)
: Patch cleans this up.

Thanks, I had spotted the duplicate call and fixed it while looking into
this.  Lutz, are you really seeing this with SNAP-20001014?