RedHat 7.0 openssh-2.2.0p1-5 vs ssh 2.3.0

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sun Oct 15 11:23:49 EST 2000

Hello,
     I am using RedHat's most recent openssh-2.20p1-5 srpm recompiled
on Linuxppc under glibc 2.1.95/Linux 2.4-test10pre2/gcc 2.95.3(cvs).
I have noticed an oddity when connecting to machines running ssh
2.3.0's sshd2 server. While the connections occur with no problem
after awhile the connection fails when idle with the following
error message...

Hm, dispatch protocol error: type 20 plen 136

Any idea why this is happening? Please e-mail responses to
howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu since I don't read this list much.
                       Jack
ps Oh, is the problem with ssh 2.3.0 ssh2 clients connecting
to openssh going to be fixed soon or do we have to wait for
a fix in ssh v2.3.x?