Smartcards & SSH

Harald Hannelius harald at iki.fi
Wed Oct 18 18:30:40 EST 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:

> Hi all,

<snip>

> I'd like to know if anybody has a clear idea about
> how to connect smartcards to the SSH framework.

<snip>

There's a guy here CSC.fi that has implemented a system which allows users
to use their 'social-security card' that is now starting to get out to
people here in Finland. The card has some keys on it, and they are then
used to authenticate the user. The patches you can get from there are
against ssh-1.2.25, but you'll get the general idea from there...

Have fun :)

Here's the URL:		 http://www.csc.fi/~jmaki/fineid/

Harald H Hannelius | Harald at iki.fi      | GSM +358405470870