HP-UX and trusted system

Jim Simmons simmonsjw-openssh at sws6.cind.ornl.gov
Tue Oct 24 00:51:22 EST 2000

Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing having HAVE_HPUX_TRUSTED_SYSTEM_PW
defined during the compile does is to call bigcrypt instead of crypt in
auth-passwd.c.  If you're not using passwords longer that 8 characters, I'd
expect a binary built on a non-trusted system would work on a trusted one
(and it has in my limited testing).

A better solution for HPUX would probably be to have the routine call
iscomsec to see if trusted is on or off and then call the appropriate crypt
routine.

Note that I take the defaults and let it build using PAM on my systems -- if
you don't there might possibly be other problems to be taken care of.

Jim