Compiler Problems Bug

Cullin Wible cjw at cwible.com
Tue Oct 24 07:56:02 EST 2000

I was recently trying compile the SSH client in my home directory (since I
didn't have root access to the machine). I compiled and installed zlib and
OpenSSL, but when I went to compile OpenSSH, it complained that it couldn't
find zlib. I tried using the --prefix, --includedir, and --includelib
directories, but nothing worked. After messing with the configure script, it
became apparent that for the purposes of the configuration
tests, --includedir and --includelib were not being passed to gcc. The
easiest fix is simply to alias gcc and put in the correct options - but I
thought you might want to know anyway. This was using the latest source
tarball as of a few days ago.

Thanks,

Cullin