success on SCO5

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Tue Oct 24 22:15:48 EST 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 12:06:20PM +0100, Philippe WILLEM wrote:
> I'm not on the list but I thought it might interest some of you to know that
> openssh 2.2.0p1 compiles quite well under sco5. Although not right out of the
> box. I'm not using gcc on those platforms, so I had to change the call to
> gettimeofday() because the sco cc want only one of the two arguments (SCO
> doesn't care with timezone). So I had to modify those files to get it work:
> clientloop.c, entropy.c, loginrec.c, scp.c.
>
> After that the sco was able to ssh to a linux box (protocol v2, with public key
> method only but that's my config).
>
> Regards,
>
> Philippe.
>
> PS: Sorry if the format of this message annoy you, it does annoy me too, but
> here where are using Notes (R) and there is no way for me to bypass this.

I had a discussion on comp.security.ssh about "hanging around" sshd-processes
after scp. It turned out that -DUSE_PIPES=1 was necessary for SCO 5.
Can you support this?

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/