having some trouble using another user's RSA/DSA keys

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 19:45:36 EST 2000

jamesb-lists at alongtheway.com said:
> root:# ssh -2 -l jamesb -i ~jamesb/.ssh/id_dsa -L 26:localhost:25
> remotehost

Port forwarding is not implemented in the mainstream release for ssh2
protocol.

jamesb-lists at alongtheway.com said:
> I should also note that on a friend's machine, using the Debian
> package of OpenSSH version/build 1.2.3-9, I do not have this problem.
> I can connect to that same remote host as root, using another user's
> key login, without all this hassle.

Thats ssh protocol 1 - use that for now and it will all work.  There
seems to be some work needed on both key handling and functionality for
ssh2

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]