having some trouble using another user's RSA/DSA keys

Jim Breton jamesb-lists at alongtheway.com
Thu Oct 26 08:46:50 EST 2000

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 09:26:10AM -0600, Smith, Donald  wrote:
> Do you use the from="hostname" clause in your keys?
> I have seen this error between different versions of ssh where the public
> key had the from clause.

Hi -- I'm not familiar with this, and do not see it in my public key.

Would anyone be able to confirm that my scheme _does_ work with
OpenSSH-2.2.0p1 (i.e., make sure it's not a bug)?  It should be easy
enough for someone to test.  FYI I just tried the same thing against an
OpenSSH-1.2.3 server on another one of my boxen and achieved the same
result, so it doesn't appear to be an interoperability problem with the
commercial SSH (which is what was running on the first remote host I
tried).