Another shapshot

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Oct 30 23:32:06 EST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 11:03:52AM +0100, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
> >              Host: hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20
> >          Compiler: cc
> >    Compiler flags: -O -I. -I. -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE +DAportable -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include
> >      Linker flags:  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/ssl
> >         Libraries: -lz  -lsec -lcrypto  -lwrap
> >
> > Compilation and some short tests passed.
> >
> > > Please test this one extra hard, it is likely to become 2.3.0p1 early
> > > next week.
> > Please give us at least the Monday for hard testing, it is much more
> > comfortable sitting in front of my workstation instead of doingit via
> > the ISDN line :-)
>
> Ok, I have spend quite some time torturing it, logged in and out, called scp,
> used ssh-agent.
> All of this between 2.2.0p1 and snapshot-20001028 machines and no problem
> so far. (Forwarded ssh-agent sockets are still not closed properly.)
>
> Seems we can expect 2.3.0p1 soon :-)

Yes.  I've had good experiences with this also.

There is, however the issue with OpenSSH 2.1.1 when using SSHv2 and DSA
Authentication (see posts from 2-3 days off; I also reproduced the
problem here).  I don't really use that myself, so I'm not hit by it, but
OpenSSH 2.1 is used on really many systems (Like Stable FreeBSD,
non-errata RH7, etc.) so it should work if at all possible.

Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi      not those you stumble over and fall"