new Irix feature

Dennis Parker dcp at sgi.com
Tue Oct 31 10:08:58 EST 2000

The Irix 6.5 operating system now supports job containers.  Job containers
are in some ways similar to process groups or sessions.  Every process that
stems from a user's initial entry to the system is assigned to the same job
container.

The Irix job initiation commands - login, telnet, rsh, rlogin, cron, su, etc
all support job containers and I'd like to modify openssh so that it supports
jobs as well.  I've downloaded the 2.2.0p1 source and added job initiation
support.  There are a couple of lines of new code in session.c and some
changes to the config files.

How do I go about pursuing the changes?  Thanks for any information you can
send me.

- Dennis Parker
dcp at sgi.com