Suggestion for config file enhancement

Claus Fischer claus.fischer at werhats.at
Mon Sep 11 12:20:17 EST 2000

In order to provide more control over the port forwarding feature,
it would be nice to add these options to the per-key configuration
on the server side:

     no-X11-forwarding no-agent-forwarding no-pty command="sleep 10"
         client-local-forward 25
         client-remote-forward 26

This would allow a remote client to establish port forwarding, but
only sending to the server port 25 (SMTP) and only listening on
server port 26.

The client could connect server port 26 to his own mail server.

The purpose is that you can have multiple people with authority
to port-forward, but each must use a specifically assigned server
port (here 26). Noone could `steal' another person's assigned port.

Claus

(please CC: me since I'm not subscribed; sorry)

--
Claus Fischer    (claus.fischer at werhats.at)