CryptoCard patch

erich hh at sidereal.kz
Wed Sep 13 15:10:19 EST 2000

Hi,

I had a contractor write a patch to allow CryptoCard support in
OpenSSH.  It works with portable openssh-2.1.1p4, and it was posted to
the SSH mailing lists, but I see that it hasn't been included in the
openssh-2.2.0p1 release.  Would it be possible to include this patch
in the official release?  The reason why I ask is because it will not
be difficult to do that, it will support the CryptoCard users, and I
don't want to have to hire a contractor again every time a new version
of OpenSSH comes out.  Btw, the patch is under the same license as
OpenSSH itself, so there is no problem with licensing.

Also, PuTTY, which is a free open-source SSH client for windows, and
which works with OpenSSH, also now has CryptoCard support.  I also
hired the author of that program to include it.

Here is the patch for openssh-2.1.1p4:

http://www.sidereal.kz/~hh/openssh-cryptocard.patch.gz

Please let me know if it will be possible to include this patch in
future releases.  If there are specific reasons why it can't be,
please let me know, because maybe I can address them.  Otherwise I
will ask our contractor to update the patch for them.

Thanks,