configure prob with 2.2.0p1 and FBSD4.1R

Hugh Blandford hugh at mail.island.net.au
Sun Sep 17 23:46:10 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm getting the:

checking for OpenSSL directory... configure: error: Could not find working
SSLeay / OpenSSL libraries, please install

despite Freebsd coming with openssl in the base system.  I have tried
various settings using --with-ssl-dir and still haven't had any luck.  Any

Locate finds the following relevant looking files:

/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf
/usr/bin/openssl
/usr/include/openssl   (this is a directory that includes rand.h etc)

Therefore any suggestions on what I should be using in my configure
command would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hugh