OpenSSH 2.2.0p1 + Redhat 6.2 - Problem with scp

LI Ying Jin -NUCLEAR ying.jin.li at ontariopowergeneration.com
Wed Sep 20 01:08:50 EST 2000

Peter,

I have quoted the following paragraph from FAQ of OpenSSH at website
http://www.openssh.com <http://www.openssh.com> .

scp must be in the default PATH on both the client and the server. You may
need to use the --with-default-path option to specify a custom path to
search on the server. This option replaces the default path, so you need to
specify all the current directories on your path as well as where you have
installed scp. For example:
./configure --with-default-path=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/path/to/scp

I hope that this will help.

Michael Li
Nuclear Analysis Department, Ontario Power Generation Inc.
700 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X6, CANADA