Snapshot

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Thu Sep 21 03:13:43 EST 2000

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Damien Miller wrote:
:  - (djm) Add Steve VanDevender's <stevev at darkwing.uoregon.edu> PAM
:    password change patch.

On HP-UX 11.0, pam_acct_mgmt() returns PAM_AUTHTOK_EXPIRED when I expire
a password with passwd -f:

#define	PAM_AUTHTOK_EXPIRED 	18	/* Password expired and no longer */
					/* usable */

The code wants PAM_NEW_AUTHTOK_REQD.  Is this a bug in HP-UX?

Also, I submitted a patch a while back to auth-pam.c that added the
pam_retval to the error/debugging messages like so:

    log("PAM rejected by account configuration [%d]: %.200s", pam_retval,
	PAM_STRERROR(pamh, pam_retval));

This makes debugging PAM a bit easier; any chance we could get that in?
I can create a new patch against the latest auth-pam.c.