Snapshot

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Thu Sep 21 07:56:29 EST 2000

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Rob Hagopian wrote:
: Oops, I got them reversed... but has anyone confirmed that all versions of
: HP-UX have PAM_AUTHTOK_EXPIRED defined?

The only version we're concerned with is 11.0.  I don't believe PAM on
10.20 is supported for anything other than CDE, so USE_PAM should not be
used on 10.20.  So yes, PAM_AUTHTOK_EXPIRED is defined for all versions
where USE_PAM should be defined on HP-UX.

But again, I don't want this patch integrated right now.

: +#ifdef PAM_AUTHTOK_EXPIRED
: +              * This is a workaround to an HP-UX PAM defect;
: +              * refer to JAGad29724 for patch availability.
: +             case PAM_AUTHTOK_EXPIRED:
: +#endif
:
: would be safer...

It will also cause the code to be inserted for Linux (Redhat at least)
and Solaris.