corrupt files localhost

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at xxedgexx.com
Fri Sep 22 06:29:36 EST 2000

We recently ran into an issue with scp'ing file only themselves which
results in a corrupt file.  I understand that this seems logical for files
to be currupt when cping them onto themselves, but for some reason fsecure
scp does not do this.  For reasons outside of my control, we need this to
work for staging purposes.

Example:

scp /home/file localhost:/home/file

leave file completely corrupt.

Using rsync to do the same thing, even with openssh makes everything fine.

Any ideas on this.  Any help is appreciated.  I didn't want to say it was
a bug cause for all I know, what openssh is doing could be the right thing
and fsecure is wrong.

Thanks
-jeremy

eholes.org * jeremy at eholes.org