Agent forwarding with DSA keys?

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Wed Sep 27 02:56:13 EST 2000

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 04:43:39PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:

> > > What rocks most, IMHO, is that it implements SSH-2, which is the only thing
> > > I really want to use because last thing I heard/read was that SSH-1 could be
> > > hijacked, with some effort.
> >
> > do you have some _real_ information on this? or is it just FUD?
>
> No real info I'm sure of, no.  My suspicion comes from a number of posts to
> BUGTRAQ which, if I'm not mistaken, boiled down to that it is possible to
> hijack SSH-1 sessions.  Anyway, I just generally assume worst case and
> prefer SSH-2 when/where at all possible.

I followed the discussion on BUGTRAQ with half an eye and I believe it was
only related to one specific method of encryption that is only used in the US
(for obvious reasons :-).

Nico

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/DME-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com