-i doesn't work for v2 DSA keys

Will Day willday at rom.oit.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 28 07:40:31 EST 2000

I just found that trying to specify a DSA identity file with '-i' doesn't
work.  Although the man page doesn't indicate that this is supported for
DSA keys, it also doesn't indicate very clearly that its _not_.

Indeed, in ssh.c:main(), the "-i" only increments and sets:
   options.options.num_identity_files
   options.identity_files
where it would need to modify:
   options.options.num_identity_files2
   options.identity_files2
for DSA keys.

I don't know whether "-i" is supposed to support only RSA keys, but it
should probably support passing DSA key file names in some fashion (either
with "-i", or a different argument letter).

I'd submit a patch, but I don't know which way the developers would want to
go.

--
Will Day     <PGP mail preferred>     OIT / O&E / Technical Support
willday at rom.oit.gatech.edu            Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715