libexecdir changed again?

Jim Knoble jmknoble at jmknoble.cx
Sun Apr 1 08:36:48 EST 2001

[See my comments below.]

----- Forwarded message from an x11-ssh-askpass customer -----

Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:34:28 -0800
Subject: x11-ssh-askpass 1.2.0
To: jmknoble at jmknoble.cx

I just installed x11-ssh-askpass 1.2.0 on some systems, and ran into a
couple of minor problems:

OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 by default is looking for ssh-askpass in
/usr/local/libexec, not /usr/local/libexec/openssh.  It works OK when
manually installed.

[...]

----- End forwarded message -----

(Sigh).  It wasn't very long ago that the default libexecdir changed
from /usr/local/libexec/ssh/ to /usr/local/libexec/openssh/.  I, of
course, haven't been paying much attention to defaults because i roll
my own RPM packages of OpenSSH-X.X.Xp.  But i do read the ChangeLog
religiously, and i can't find anything in there about libexecdir in the
Recent Era except for these entries:

  20010225
   - (djm) Use %{_libexecdir} rather than hardcoded path in RPM specfile

  20000916
   [...]
   - (djm) Use libexecdir from configure , rather than libexecdir/ssh

  19991119
   [...]
   - Move ssh-askpass from ${libdir}/ssh to ${libexecdir}/ssh at request of
     David Rankin <[...]>

Is the default libexecdir going to remain as /usr/local/libexec/ now,
or will it change again?  I'd like to release x11-ssh-askpass-1.2.1 and
leave it alone for quite some time, absent bugs or actual flaws....

--
jim knoble | jmknoble at jmknoble.cx | http://www.jmknoble.cx/