known_hosts

Christopher Linn celinn at mtu.edu
Thu Apr 5 02:58:29 EST 2001

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 12:10:30PM -0400, Chantal Hunter wrote:
> Hello,
> I have just set-up SSH on my UNIX systems.  I can connect to all of them
> just fine using Win32 client.  But when I try to ssh from one UNIX system to
> another I keep getting this message:
> RSA1 key fingerprint is fa:a2:ac:d6:58:a6:48:0b:cc:13:ea:b7:d5:bd:fd:de.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
>
>  When I choose yes to the above message it just keeps looping through, never

when you answer yes, do you actually type out "yes"?  simply typing "y"
does not work.  this has always been the way this particular question
needs to be answered, all the way from the early versions of Tatu
Ylonen's SSH.

cheers,

chris

--
Christopher Linn, <celinn at mtu.edu>    | By no means shall either the CEC
Staff System Administrator            | or MTU be held in any way liable