JNI Wrappering OpenSSH ?

Brett Morgan brett at pulse.itd.uts.edu.au
Thu Apr 5 15:32:27 EST 2001

I am currently toying with various avenues for doing some secured file
transfers from a javaland process. Realistically on the server side
the thing I want is OpenSSH's sftp server. My question is, on the
client side, how to get java to talk ssh2 secsh file xfer.

Would a sane approach be to find the appropriate points of OpenSSH and
turn it into a java library by liberal application of JNI, or should
I be turning my hand at using JCE to implement a ssh2 comms lib?

Pros / Cons / Ideas / Flames all appreciated...

brett

email: Brett.Morgan at uts.edu.au

Only democracy saves us from the ravages of being animals.