ssh/scp lib

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sun Apr 8 18:51:28 EST 2001

I'd like to see sometime down the road a well documented
API for libssh.a for integration into other software, but
I think it's impratical at this point.

However, there is a patch that has been approved (it's not
in the Portable CVS tree pending help on a patch that
pretty much rewrites uidswap.c =) to allow SSH to act like
a simple sock4 server (Thanks to Dan).

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Daniel Yount wrote:

>  Does anyone know of a libssh package or tarball
> or does it only come in a single package right now.
> It would be really nice to see this protocol spread to
> other progs other than ssh/scp itself(i.e kde browser,
> zope,etc..).

A hack to KDE file browser should be pretty easy.  One just
needs to integrate the sftp code into it.  Which may not be
too hard.  Then require having OpenSSH installed and it
will work without too much of a problem.

However, since KDE itself is GPL.. One may have a licensing conflict.
But I won't attempt to admit to understanding the minor anonying
features of GPL. =)

But in general sftp protocol is extremely simple if one was required to
reinvent the wheel.

- Ben