Initial patch to implement partial auth with SSH2

Karl M karlm30 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 21:51:32 EST 2001

Hi All...

I am using the CygWin port of OpenSSH with NT/Win2k servers. I was looking
at this issue and was advised of this thread.

With the CygWin port, a password is required to do the setuid if you log in
with a different user-id than the server. CygWin solves this by only
allowing password authentication if the user-id must be changed. I am
concerned about password only authentication and wanted to require RSA first
then password authentication. (The password authentication is then used to
feed the password to sshd for the setuid.)

This patch is a nice generalization of what I am looking for. I think that
multiple authentications would be a big plus in the WinNT/Win2k environemt.
I would love to be able to do RSA + Password authentication.

Thanks,

...Karl