error:*** zlib missing

Loomis, Rip GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com
Tue Apr 10 01:48:16 EST 2001

Claudia--
You need to compile and install the "zlib" compression
library on your compile host, as well as the OpenSSL crypto
toolkit, in order to compile OpenSSH on Solaris 7.

You can get the source for these from their normal
distribution sites or we have a copy on a server
in our lab:
1.  Zlib (currently 1.1.3):
    Homepage http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/
<http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/>
    Source http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/zlib.tar.gz
<http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/zlib.tar.gz>
    Mirror
http://www.cist-east.saic.com/ftp/Sysadmin/Libraries/zlib-1.1.3.tar.gz
<http://www.cist-east.saic.com/ftp/Sysadmin/Libraries/zlib-1.1.3.tar.gz>

2.  OpenSSL  (currently 0.9.6a - new release!)
    Homepage http://www.openssl.org <http://www.openssl.org>
    Source ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.6a.tar.gz
<ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.6a.tar.gz>
    Mirror
http://www.cist-east.saic.com/ftp/Crypto/OpenSSL/openssl-0.9.6a.tar.gz
<http://www.cist-east.saic.com/ftp/Crypto/OpenSSL/openssl-0.9.6a.tar.gz>

This requirement and other information is found in the
README and INSTALL files included with the OpenSSH
source code.  Please drop me an e-mail or give me a call
if you have any additional questions (others here can
translate English <-> Spanish if that's useful).

Rip Loomis          Voice Number: (410) 953-6874
Senior Security Engineer
Center for Information Security Technology
http://www.cist.saic.com <http://www.cist.saic.com/>