LBX Support : Where to start

Jim Knoble jmknoble at jmknoble.cx
Wed Apr 11 08:10:45 EST 2001

Circa 2001-Apr-10 15:43:08 -0500 dixit Carl Perry:

: I would like to put a patch in OpenSSH start lbxproxy on the server if
: both ends of the connection support LBX.  I'm having difficulty figuring
: out where to put this code, specifically I can't seem to find where the
: X11 handshaking happens.  Could someone help me out on this??

>From a brief gander through the code:

  - The X display is created in channels.c:x11_create_display_inet();
    it's pretty much a socket bound to port 6000+X11DisplayOffset+n.

  - The calling code is in session.c:do_authenticated(), case
    SSH_CMSG_X11_REQUEST_FORWARDING; that's where the xauth stuff is
    set up.

Hope that helps.

--
jim knoble | jmknoble at jmknoble.cx | http://www.jmknoble.cx/