OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 and askass (fwd)

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Thu Apr 12 01:42:08 EST 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 10:05:46AM -0400, Bruce H. McIntosh wrote:
> I've been from one end of the source to the other and it doesn't seem that
> OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 will *EVER* use ssh-askpass (or any variation thereof).
> Is there some flag to flip when trying to compile it?  I've looked at the
> SRPM that RedHat distributes, and at the latest CVS source from
> openssh.com.  Neither appears to have any mechanism for calling any
> askpass utility; if a real live tty doesn't exist the program just aborts.
> What am I missing here?

Hmm, it works fine for me. Whenever I do a "ssh-add (keyfile) < /dev/null"
a x11-ssh-askpass window will open up...
It will not be used for any other purpose like scp, only for ssh-add.

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/