Suspicious shadow listen port

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Sat Apr 14 00:00:01 EST 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 Torbjorn.Wictorin at its.uu.se wrote:
: On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Kevin Steves wrote:
: > which platform is this?  i can't dup on hp-ux 11.  does it come back
:
: AIX 4.3.2, sshd version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
:
: > when you re-add the bogus listenaddr?
:
: I added it again and now a listen popped up on port 45909. So my theory
: about (0x7fff - 22) did not hold (45909 = 0xb355).
:
: Looks like openssh does not fully handle the return code from bind().

it is handled.  there is some error suppress code in there that i think
should be removed, but i can't see how that causes your issue.

does aix have truss/trace?  can you get output from that?