ssh not using priv port if target prot not priv

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Sat Apr 14 05:06:49 EST 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Markus Friedl wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 02:26:15PM -0700, Michael Stein wrote:
> > The openSSH ssh command appears to not use a source privileged port
> > (no matter what the options/configs) if the target port
> > isn't a privileged port.
>
> are you using a recent openssh version? what OS?
> what openssh version?

For what it's worth, I'm seeing this behaviour on 2.3.0p1 but not 2.5.2p2.

I believe this was changed around Dec 12, perhaps in:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/ssh/ssh.c.diff?r1=1.76&r2=1.77

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"