OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 and askass (fwd)

Mark D. Roth roth+openssh at feep.net
Sun Apr 15 08:04:07 EST 2001

On Wed Apr 11 18:49 2001 +0200, Markus Friedl wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 10:05:46AM -0400, Bruce H. McIntosh wrote:
> > I've been from one end of the source to the other and it doesn't seem that
> > OpenSSH 2.5.2p2 will *EVER* use ssh-askpass (or any variation thereof).
>
> ssh-add uses ssh-askpass, see ssh-add(1)

There are still times when it's useful to have this functionality in
ssh itself.  The most common example I run into is when using
ChallengeResponseAuthentication and launching ssh from a window
manager menu button.

I submitted a patch back in December to add ssh-askpass support to
ssh.  What's the status of this?  If it would help expedite, I can
update the patch for the current CVS snapshot.

Please let me know about this.  Thanks!

--
Mark D. Roth <roth at feep.net>
http://www.feep.net/~roth/