PAM under AIX

Mark D. Roth roth+openssh at feep.net
Sun Apr 15 08:46:58 EST 2001

I apologize in advance for this slightly-off-topic message, but I
thought it would be of interest to those running OpenSSH under AIX...

Earlier today, I submitted a patch to the Linux-PAM folks to port the
library to AIX.  The patch includes a pam_aix module to provide
backward compatibility to the traditional AIX authentication methods.

My main impetus for doing this is that I don't want to continue
maintaining my version of the TIS authentication patch for OpenSSH.
I've already written a pam_authsrv module which provides TIS
authentication to any PAM-aware application.  This solved the problem
under Solaris, Linux, and HP-UX, but I couldn't ditch the custom patch
until I could use the same PAM module under AIX.  Now that I can, I
have no further need for the custom OpenSSH patch.

Both the patch for building Linux-PAM under AIX and the pam_authsrv
module are available from:

   http://www-dev.cso.uiuc.edu/authsrv/

Feedback is welcome on all of this code.  Thanks!

--
Mark D. Roth <roth at feep.net>
http://www.feep.net/~roth/